Sleep apnea can be difficult to diagnose. In fact, in many cases the person suffering from sleep apnea may not know that they have the condition. It is often a loved one who first notices that something unusual is happening with the patient’s breathing patterns while asleep.
- Nightly snoring
- Choking, gasping or snorting sounds and sensations while asleep
- Excessive daytime drowsiness
- Long pauses in breathing while asleep
- Waking with shortness of breath at night
- Headaches upon waking
- A sore throat or dry mouth upon waking
- Fitful, restless and otherwise poor sleep
- Memory impairment
- Difficulty focusing
- Mood swings
If you suspect that you or your loved one has sleep apnea, we invite you to come to Sleep Healthy PA for an airway and sleep screening. Our dentist can diagnose sleep apnea and help you determine which type of treatment will be most effective in meeting your needs.
There are three ways to screen for sleep apnea:
- A home sleep study
- A cardiopulmonary coupling unit
- A high-resolution pulse oximeter
We will work with you to perform a screening that will allow us to quickly and accurately diagnose sleep apnea so that you can receive treatment and begin improving your health and quality of life.
To learn more about airway and sleep screening in Jenkintown, Pennsylvania, and schedule your consultation with Dr. Andrew Cohen, contact our office today at 215-572-7566.